Don’t fancy going out in the cold tonight well here is Gunpowder Plot related quiz (with some creativity). No prizes but a just a little fun.
1. I was born on 5 November and have played in the last three Cricket World Cups – winning one. Who am I?I
2. I played for Glamorgan and had two test matches for England in 1998. Who am I?
3. With Nelson hosting a Guy Fawkes Night T20 between NZ and England. Which former Torquay overseas player played representative cricket in that area?
4. John Fawkes played first class cricket for which county?
5. The David Shepherd Cricket Trust may give you one of these?
6. I played cricket for England and have the same name as a currently top jockey. Who am I?
7. Which ground in York held a first class match in 2019 (the first in the city since 1890)?
8. Since retiring from playing. I’ve coached both India and New Zealand. Who am I?
9. The Rev Cannon Andrew Wingfield Digby played minor counties cricket for whom?
10. On the eve of the 2016 season I retired from first class cricket to concentrate on coaching and working for Sky. Who am I?
11. How many test match wickets did Curtly Ambrose take?
12. I made my debut for Middlesex in 2004 and now play for Leicestershire my fourth county. Who am I?
13. Susie Bates plays test cricket for which nation?
14. Indoor cricket keeps players active during the winter. How many players are in an indoor team?
15. Which two counties did Percy Fender play for?
16. My innings ended on 5 November 1964 aged just 14. My home was Lords. Who was I?
17. Which England cricketer recently appeared on the Guido Fawkes website?
18. Who is the only PM to play first class cricket?
19. I won the Woman’s World Cup in 2017 and my father played in the 1980 European Cup Final for Nottingham Forest. Who am I?
20. Which member of the Royal Family has been President of the MCC?
Good Luck and answers will appear next weekend.