Not so easy to do by email but I hope Kesh’s responses, having only just flown into the country, will facilitate some conversations over the next three months...
1. There is the continuing debate over which brand of cricket balls should be used. Which brand is most used in Sri Lanka and out of choice which brand do you prefer to use?
In Sri Lanka we use Duke and Kookaburra and I like them both.
2. What is the most common format for top level club cricket in Sri Lanka (excluding T20)?
First class 3 day [we shall return to this when we can have face to face chats].
3. Who would you say is the most famous batsman you have got out?
Dimuth Karunaratne and Lahiru Thirimanne.
4. Growing up who was your cricketing hero?
5. To date what is your finest cricketing moment?
I have got 5 wickets in T20 with CCC, All are national players.
6. Which of the three formats of the game is your favourite and why?
1 Day, because it’s really competitive.
7. If you had to choose between batting and bowling. Which, would it be and why?
Bowling, because it’s my main strength.
8. With so many test match playing nations so close. Which does Sri Lanka see as their biggest rival and why?
England, because of the two different conditions.
9. If you could change just one of the 42 laws of cricket. Which would it be and why?
I have no idea about it [once we can have a face to face chat I’m sure we will return to this].
10. If there is one piece of advice you would give a young fast bowler, what would it be?
Study and identify the weakness in batsman and bowl accordingly to get him out.
11. Apart from cricket what are your other interests, sporting or otherwise?
12. In the three months you will be spending with the club. What are your ambitions?
My ambition is to achieve my target by performing really well and give my fullest strength.